Fellowship Policy :
Funding for this program will be determined on an annual basis. The total budget will be dependent upon available funding from grants made to IOMSN. The majority of the funds will be allocated to funding educational programs.
▪ Funding for the MS Nursing certification (MSCN) exam is limited and $250.00 maximum. The funding will be divided between the spring and fall exam registrants. Applicants must contribute $50.00 US to be eligible for support. Application must be submitted prior to taking the exam.
▪ Funding for attendance to an education meeting or a conference will be given to nurses who currently are members of IOMSN. The awards will be given preferentially to those presenting a platform, or a poster presentation, or to those active on an IOMSN committee. The amount awarded per person will not exceed $1,000.00 for a conference or educational offering. Funding will not be granted to those applicants who have received awards within a one year period of time.
Applications must be completed in full before the committee reviews any request for funding. Requests for funding are due by April 15 and September 15. Requests should reflect scholarship activities falling within the bi-annual submission.
Scholarship awards are available to maximum of two per center/clinic per calendar year.
The recipient of a scholarship is required to submit a paragraph reflecting the activity supported to the IOMSN Fellowship Committee and may be shared with permission.
▪ Applicants must be members of IOMSN.
▪ Application must be submitted prior to taking the exam.
▪ Requests for funding are due by April 15 and September 15. Requests should reflect scholarship activities falling within the bi-annual submission.
Interested applicants, please download the application form. Please include at least one letter of recommendation from a professional colleague.
The committee will review your request and make a decision based on eligibility. Preference will be given to applicants seeking funding for a meeting at which he/she is presenting a paper or a poster. You will receive a response within 4 weeks of your application.
Click here to view the fellowship application process.