International Organization of MS Nurses
Written by Administrator2
- WEBINAR: Alemtuzumab Clinical Information for Nurses (LEMTRADA)
Date: Wednesday - August 19, 2015
Time: 12:00 PM EST
- Counseling Points: SPRING 2015 Volume 10, Number 4
Encouraging Monitoring and Follow-up in MS Care
- MOVING FORWARD:
Adherence to Therapy & the Role of Nursing in MS
- MS BLUEPRINT, A UNIQUE NEW TOOL FOR THE MS COMMUNITY, HAS LAUNCHED!
The International Organization of Multiple Sclerosis Nurses (IOMSN) has partnered with Biogen Idec to launch MS Blueprint™, a program to encourage those impacted by MS to set goals, create personalized activity plans called MS Blueprints, and take small steps to attain a more positive life. Learn more
- FDA PERMITS MARKETING OF URINARY PROSTHESIS DEVICE FOR WOMEN
Release Date: October 14, 2014
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today allowed marketing of the inFlow Intraurethral Valve-Pump, a replaceable urinary prosthesis for use in female adults who cannot contract the muscles necessary to push urine out of the bladder (impaired detrusor contractility or IDC). Learn more
- ACUTE NEUROLOGIC ILLNESS WITH FOCAL LIMB WEAKNESS OF UNKNOWN ETIOLOGY IN CHILDREN
In September, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Health Advisory to healthcare professionals nationwide to be vigilant for and report cases of neurologic illnesses associated with limb weakness that meet the criteria of its case definition. Learn more.
- PEGYLATED INTERFERON BETA-1A (PLEGRIDY) – CLINICIAN INFORMATION
Generic: Peginterferon Beta-1a
Brand name: Plegridy
US FDA Approved: August 2014
- MS COALITION: The Use of Disease-Modifying Therapies in MS
The member organizations of the Multiple Sclerosis Coalition have collaborated to summarize the current evidence about disease modification in multiple sclerosis (MS) and to provide support for broad access to U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved MS disease-modifying therapies for people.